Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LCD TV Vs Plasma TV

Working with televisions has been an extraordinary experience. I get to play with the newest televisions all the time and get to test them out before I put one of these expensive monsters in my own home. So when I'm at a party I'm constantly asked what's the best television to buy or what's the best LCD or plasma, so instead of repeating myself I am going to write this article and then I will also tell my friends to read it so I'm not asked any more.

When purchasing an LCD or Plasma television you are actually choosing between technologies. Now both of these technologies have both disadvantages and advantages, within this article I am going to discuss some of them. You can then make an educated decision on what television you would like to put in your own home.

Picture quality should be your top concern however there is no difference between plasma and LCD televisions in my opinion. Sure some manufacturers will make better televisions than others. If you compared two competing manufacturers however with competing technology in the same price range it would be hard to pick a clear winner.

The weight of the television maybe a factor to you and if it is I would recommend a LCD television as most of these in my experience have been lighter and easier to move than their plasma counterparts.

The type of use you're going to get out of your TV should also be a factor to take into consideration. If you're going to use your TV for a computer monitor like I do then I would recommend a LCD TV because plasma televisions suffer from something called an image burn and this is when an image stays on screen for too long the image will become imprinted in the screen because they have effectively burned into the screen.

Overall the decision whether to use a plasma screen or a LCD screen is down to the individual user, personally I prefer LCD screens.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment