Tuesday, October 19, 2010

iPod Docking Stations Reviewed

Is your iPod homeless? Up until last week, my iPod had no home of its own. It used to live on the edge of my desk amidst the clutter, precariously connected by an electronic umbilical cord to the USB port on my desktop. It would receive its charge for the day before being unceremoniously disconnected and taken out on a run. Now, I have bought myself a brand new iPod dock and my iPod has its own home.

It stands there on its dock looking regal and proud as it blasts my room with perfect sounding music from its powerful speakers. My iPod dock has completed my iPod. It is not an imperfect little machine and it does not get teased and bullied by my CD player anymore. The iPod stands vertically on its docking station that also functions as a sound system or a boom box. Some docks may also come with their own remote controls.

While you charge your iPod, you can listen to your music as well. This has to be one of the coolest features of a docking station and indeed what the docking station was invented for in the first place. In fact, many docking stations don't even have speakers. Their sole purpose is to be a place to stick your iPod to charge. But, of course, there are also the cooler and more complete systems that come with Speakers, CD Players and Radios all built in.

Well, the iPod dock that I recently purchased was the majestic Bose SoundDock. Let me tell you something, you haven't heard music until you have heard it come from those hallowed speakers. This machine is truly a work of art. It produces angelic sounds and perfect music and is the perfect docking station for my little iPod. Of course, Bose has always been a big name on the speaker scene and it has prices to match its reputation.

If you don't want to drop many hundreds of dollars on a top-of-the-line docking station like the Bose SoundDock, then you could also do a lot worse than the iLive Dock. This docking station has great sound and it is the jack-of-all-trades. It has a CD player, digital alarm clock and radio. So if you are budget conscious, definitely look into this great dock. You may also want to take a look at the Jensen docking stations which have wireless speakers that you can set up anywhere in a room. That is another great name in this industry.

iPod charging stations have become an essential part of any serious sound set up. They are modern and beautiful machines that are also very affordable. You should definitely consider getting one for yourself.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment